Creature Features Mini-Project
You will be creating an informational report that focuses on an animal's adaptations. The report needs to include the following information. The items in bright green should be your headings.
Include the COMMON & SCIENTIFIC NAMES of the animal.
Describe the animal's HABITAT. (2-3 sentences)
You will make a chart about the animal's ADAPTATIONS. This chart will have three headings: Adaptation, Type, and Survival. You will include 3 adaptations. In the Type part, just state if it is a physical or behavioral adaptation. In the Survival part, you need to thoroughly explain how the adaptation helps the organism survive in its environment.
You will make a section entitled ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE. In this part, explain what adaptation would be would be a disadvantage if the organism was forced to move to a new environment. Be sure to explain yourself well. (4-5 sentences)
You should also have 5 INTERESTING FACTS section. Please include at least facts about your animal. Be sure these are complete sentences. (Of course you can always do more than 5.)
Include your research sources. Entitle this part BIBLIOGRAPHY. It would be best to start a Google Doc with your resources, but your rough draft will be on lined paper.
Include an image of your animal from the internet.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation is expected.
- You will type this project in GoogleDocs using the Creature Feature template and submit it to Google Classroom for a grade.
- This project will be displayed in the hallway. Please put forth your best effort.
- Before you type, show Mrs. Cole your rough draft.
- Here are some great sites to help you with your research: Creature Features Link Animal Information Page Exploring Nature Site World Book Of Animals SIRS Discoverer Animal Videos/Pictures/Information